4 Sunroom Options- 4 Ways to Enjoy the Sunshine Every Day!
Did you know that Colorado is one of the sunniest states in the entire United States?! With an estimated 300 days of sunshine per year, the perfect addition to any Colorado home is easily a sunroom. And the design possibilities are endless when you choose Christie’s Design/Build Remodeling. We have already covered the versatility of sunrooms, the benefits of sunrooms, and finding the right contractor for your sunroom. But you know what we haven’t written about? The varieties of sunrooms, and pros and cons of each. If you’re considering a sunny addition to your home, we will help you find the best possible choice for you and your family. Christie’s Remodeling can design and build the four main types of sunrooms: 3-Season Sunrooms, 4-Season Sunrooms, Screen Rooms, and Solariums.
Above and beyond these 4, we can offer thousands of options and customizations for your sunroom’s appearance. Window panes, ceiling style, walls panels — you name it, we can make it happen. But before we delve into the finer details, we want you to understand all four sunrooms that fall under the umbrella term of “sunroom.” We will school you in Solariums and teach the nuances 3-Season vs. 4-Season Sunrooms without further ado.
3-Season Sunrooms are home additions enclosed with floor-to-ceiling glass doors and windows. This is one of the most popular choices, and you can see an example of our work here.
- Looks least like an “add-on”
- Lower in cost than 4-Season Sunrooms or Solarium
- Has some temperature control
- Great for late spring through early summer
- Great for a game room or conservatory
- Is not engineered for year-round use
- Likely requires a space heater in Winter
- Poor office space
4-Season Sunrooms are designed with year-round use in mind. These rooms offer the best insulation of all four options. Depending on your preferred sunroom uses, they make for great all-season fun, work, or leisure!
- Has excellent climate control
- Great for office space, meditation or yoga space, or craft room
- Able to use year-round
- More costly than a Screen Room or 3-Season Sunrooms
- Can look more like an “add-on,” depending on wants and needs
Screen Rooms are great when you want a balmy breeze to reach you or if you enjoy being semi-outdoors. This option offers the lightest protection from the elements. It is excellent for summertime entertainment or morning coffee with your favorite plants.
- Lower cost than Solariums, 3-Season, and 4-Season Sunrooms
- Protection from insects while being semi-outdoors
- Great for plants during inhospitable seasons
- No temperature or humidity control
- Is not engineered for year-round use
- Unusable for things like crafts or home office
Solariums are truly beautiful. This is the only room that is entirely glass except for the structural frame. The glass ceiling makes for unparalleled natural light. Textured or stained glass could be added in select ceiling panels to give an artistic touch without diminishing your outside view. If you’re interested in a Solarium but concerned about the slightly warmer climate, we can provide triple-pane windows and R-21 insulation to provide the best possible climate control.
- Highest concentration of sunlight
- Best for plants or stargazing
- Very unique look, not common
- Less temperature control
- Higher costs than other options
All options are great, depending on your needs and wants. We will always design your space around your needs and desires at the forefront of our minds. At Christie’s Design Build, we will always give you all the options to decide what remodel makes sense for the level of investment best for you.
Before we let you go, we also want to remind you of some general pros for all sunrooms and one con that Christie’s Design/Build can minimize for you. All sunrooms we create will add ROI (Return on Investment) to your property, allow you to bask in the sun no matter the weather, and offer space and functionality to your home. Whatever you need, let Christie’s build you your own little slice of sunshine! Click here to contact us, let’s talk about your project today!